When you studied the nature of institutional discrimination, you also examined the meaning of the terms privilege and oppression. The authors of the course text, Anti-Bias Education for Young Children and Ourselves, comment that privileged people might not even be aware of their privileges but instead, perceive them as “normal.”This assignment offers you the opportunity to increase your understanding of institutional “isms”, to learn more about their effects, and to reflect on ways in which you may have internalized privilege/oppression. In preparation for the Discussion,Take time to review and consider: In the course text, Anti-Bias Education for Young Children and Ourselves: The sections “Internalized privilege and internalized oppression” (pp. 25–27) and “Unraveling our privileges and oppressions” (p. 27) The “Social Identities” chart (p. 31) (focus on the ways the authors categorize certain social identity group members as recipients of privilege and others as targets of discrimination) Your social identities which you listed in Week 1 (reflect in what ways society’s institutions have responded by affording you privileges and/or by discriminating against you) The three examples in the introduction to this week and which specific privileges/oppressions they documentBy Day 3Post your response to these questions: In what specific ways have society’s institutions, in response to any of your social identities, afforded you privileges (i.e., opened doors for you, and/or discriminated against you (i.e., made your life more difficult)? In what ways do society’s responses to your social identities correspond or conflict with the categories of privilege and oppression presented on page 31? What major insights/questions do you now have with regard to privilege and oppression?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.