Week 4 – Short-Essay Assignment 2Assignment InstructionsInstructionsFor this assignment, you will compose a well-written and thoughtful short-essay of 500-750 words in length (2-3 pages). LABEL and answer one of the four questions provided.It is not what you think that matters, but what you can support. Be sure you are expressing an INFORMED opinion. All papers must have credible research on the topic included. Format & ExpectationsState your thesis, the answer you want to defend using at least three well-supported reasons embodying logic, reason, and research. Give possible objections to your arguments, answer these objections and restate your conclusion. Essays should include a Works Cited page following MLA Style. For grading expectations, please see the iRubric for this assignment in the Gradebook. Questions:1. Give a clear set of arguments for legalizing active euthanasia or argument against it. Be sure to address at least one argument against your position with a clear counterargument. [For this paper, you can see “active euthanasia” as either physician assisted suicide or what is more commonly called mercy killing.]2. Argue for or against the principle that a just society must provide equality of opportunity for those with the interest and talent. [You must name and discuss at least one philosopher who holds this view.]3. Clarify as much as possible Aristotle’s distinction between practical knowledge and theoretical knowledge. Argue for or against his view that the good or happiness comes from leading a contemplative life. [Be sure you understand the distinction]4. How is the “greatest happiness principle” supposed to be useful in determining what I ought to do? [Be sure you discuss Mill and his understanding of the principle] Supporting Materials· MLA Template.docx (15 KB)· MLA Sample Paper 2012.pdf (592 KB)PHIL200 | Lesson 4 Utilitarianismhttps://edge.apus.edu/access/content/group/arts-and-humanities-common/Universal/PHIL/200/elf/lesson-4/elf_index.htmlEthics – Chapter 5 & 6Introduction to Ethical Studies – Chapters 25, 10, & 21:Ethics, An Online TextbookStephen O’ Sullivan and Philip A. PecorinoChapter 5: Theological Theories: EgoismChapter 6: Theological Theories: Utilitarianism *Please note: Instead of the first link in Chapter 6, Sections 1 & 2, please refer to http://www.mccaughan.org.uk/g/essays/utility.html. The Original Text: On Utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill can be found at http://books.google.com/books?id=nhERAAAAYAAJ&pg=PP11#v=onepage&q&f=false. Introduction to Ethical StudiesLee Archie and John G. ArchieChapter 25: “Happiness Is the Greatest Good” by Jeremy BenthamChapter 10: “A Science of Human Nature” by John Stuart MillChapter 21: “Egoism Is Mistaken” by David Hume
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.