Thread 1 (200 words)Jesus made many absolute statements such as the following:John 14:6: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (NIV).Matthew 7:13-14: “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it” (NIV).Interacting with these statements, how would you answer someone accusing Christianity of exclusivism (as defined in Chapter 8 of the textbook)?Thread 2 (200 words)Many believe naturalism (atheism) emphasizes intellect and reason, while religions emphasize faith.Pope John Paul II made the following profound statement at the beginning of his Encyclical Letter Fides et Ratio:”Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth – in a word, to know himself – so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves” (Catholic Church & John Paul II, 1998, p. 1).Do you believe this quote adequately depicts the Christian view of the interaction of faith and reason, and the value of both? Why or why not? Does the atheistic worldview also use faith and reason? Why or why not?Reference: Catholic Church, & John Paul II. (1998). Faith and reason: Encyclical letter Fides et ratio of the Supreme Pontiff John Paul II on the relationship between faith and reason. Que´bec: Me´diaspaul. Retrieved from http://www.catholic-pages.com/documents/fides_et_ratio.pdf
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.