This unit discusses two important epistemological theories. Historically, there are two main positions when it comes to epistemology: Rationalism and Empiricism. Both make important claims, but both positions also have problems. For instance, Rationalism assumes that we all possess certain innate ideas that ground human knowledge, but as John Locke shows this appears false since different people have different ideas about things like God, self, causation, etc. Empiricism says that sensory impressions ground knowledge but this position runs into the skeptical conclusions identified by David Hume. Furthermore, there is the role of science and its methods in establishing what we can know–indeed many might say that it is the arbiter of truth. But, despite common opinion, it too has its problems and questions, as Karl Popper and Thomas Kuhn have shown. Use your understanding of these ideas to answer the following:Please answer the following Question: What does it mean to be skeptical about knowledge and, further, what role does skepticism play in obtaining knowledge? Does being “skeptical,” “ignorant,” and/or “intellectually humble” mean the same thing? If not, what are the differences and are any of these essential to obtaining truth?In answering this question, be sure to spell out your position and address any problems or objections your position might encounter. For instance, what implications might your conclusions have upon the nature and methods of science? Be specific and provide examples to show what you mean and, as always, be sure to incorporate the text into your responses.Note: Please respond to the question above, and second response– is a summary response
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.