Present Level of Performance This discussion is your opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of the objective: Examine the importance of a student’s present levels of performance in the development of an Individualized Education Program. The discussion represents an introduction to Course Learning Outcome1 and 3 and the MASE Program Learning Outcome 1, 2 and 5.You play an important role in the Individualized Education Program (IEP) team, which is required to meet at least once annually. This federal mandate requires that all participants meaningfully contribute information regarding the student’s current abilities, strengths, and areas of weaknesses so that specific goals and services can be provided. The IDEA requires the following personnel to meaningfully participate in the IEP team process (“IDEA/IDEIA: The rights your child has as one with a disability,” n.d.) :According to IDEA 2004, Section 1414(d)(1)(B), the IEP team includes:the parents of a child with a disability; not less than 1 regular education teacher of such child (if the child is, or may be, participating in the regular education environment; not less than 1 special education teacher, or where appropriate, not less than 1 special education provider of such child; a representative of the local educational agency . . . an individual who can interpret the instructional implications of evaluation results . . . at the discretion of the parent or the agency, other individuals who have knowledge or special expertise regarding the child, including related services personnel as appropriate; and whenever appropriate, the child with a disability.”The written document that results from the IEP team meeting is akin to a “roadmap” that is specifically designed for each student who qualifies for special education and related services.During Henry’s annual IEP meeting, his present levels of performance are discussed. You are still concerned for Henry’s overall lack of academic progress and quiet demeanor. Since you know Henry well and want him to be successful in school, you make suggestions to the team regarding his goals.Collaboratively developing goals for any student is one of the most important components of the IEP process. Because they are the basis on which appropriate services and placement are determined, this discussion serves significant importance to the overall plan that is developed. IEP goals must be developed based on the student’s current levels of abilities, be measurable, linked to the general education curriculum and reasonably met within one year.Initial Post: First review the results of Henry’s evaluation report explained in the Instructor Guidance and available in the week’s resources. Next, using the Goalbook Toolkit (Links to an external site.), choose at least three goals based on your understanding of Henry’s present levels of performance. Because Henry’s academic grade (age) has not been specified, you can choose whichever you feel is most suitable. Create an initial response that explains why you chose each goal with support from the readings and Instructor Guidance from Week Five. Additionally, specifically state how the selected goals relate to Henry’s identified area of weakness.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.