Each response should be at least 150 words.1.”Ethical relativism” or “cultural relativism” as we’ve seen it in this class is, roughly, that if a culture approves of doing some action, then doing that action is morally permissible in that culture. Do you think many people accept cultural relativism? If so why? Do you people should accept this theory? Why or why not, given the arguments for and against it? 2.If cultural relativism is false, then just because a culture or society approves of doing something, that doesn’t mean the action is permissible (and just because they disapprove of doing something doesn’t mean the action is wrong). So if cultural relativism is not true, that would mean common arguments for or against genital cutting (female and male), and polyamory and monogamy that appeal to “what our culture does” or “what our culture doesn’t do” are unsound. Given that, what do you think are some better arguments for or against conclusions on these issues? Pick at least one topic, give an argument and explain and support your argument.Below is another students’ discussion posts and respond in Prompt #1 write a least 50 words on whether and why you agree or disagree with what they said. Prompt #1″Ethical relativism” or “cultural relativism” as we’ve seen it in this class is, roughly, that if a culture approves of doing some action, then doing that action is morally permissible in that culture. Do you think many people accept cultural relativism? If so, why? Do you people should accept this theory? Why or why not, given the arguments for and against it?Historically, cultural relativism has really been the norm in the vast majority of human civilizations. Religion, or at least religious ideologies, have been integral parts of our earliest societies and were shaped by a few members of the group that exercised similar beliefs. Those beliefs ultimately shaped the culture and from that, the populace developed its morality. That moral code is accepted because the alternative is ostracized by the group or loss of job/status or expulsion from the community. That said, cultural relativism should not be accepted. In the history of humanity, there has been no “majority ethnic” group that has evenly applied its morality to minority members of their state. None. Relativism does little more than encourage and embolden those with power to make sure that they maintain it. We’ve covered a number of acts in previous lessons that refute the underlying premise of the majority being morally “right”: Slavery, genocide, child labor, etc.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.