An explanation of the role of theory in research. Next, identify a theory in your discipline and explain its basic tenets. Then, with this theory in mind, consider your answer to the following question posed by Dr. Burkholder in last week’s reading: “What do I have to believe about the world and about human beings in order for me to accept or use this theory?” Finally, describe the extent to which the epistemological and ontological assumptions of your chosen theory align with the philosophical orientation that reflects your worldview.Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.Learning ResourcesRequired Readingsde Vaus, D. A. (2001). Research design in social research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.Research Design in Social Research by De Vaus, D.A. Copyright 2001 Sage Publications Ltd. Reprinted by permission of Sage Publications Ltd., via the Copyright Clearance Center.Chapter 1, “The Context of Design”Babbie, E. (2017). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.Chapter 2, “Paradigms, Theory, and Research”Walden University: Library. (2015b). Searching and finding information in the library databases: Overview. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/searchingfindingBe sure to review all sections within this guide: “Overview,” “Keyword Searching,” “Subject and Index Searching,” and “Find Full Text.”Walden University: Library. (2015c). Theorists and theories: Discover theorists & theories. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/theoryBe sure to review all sections within this guide: “Discover Theorists & Theories,” “Find Books by Theorists,” and “Find Articles by Theorists.”Required MediaLaureate Education (Producer). (2009f). Theory [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 23 minutes.Dr. Patton discusses the “big picture” of theory.Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download TranscriptWalden University: Library. (2015a). Introduction to the Walden Library [Online webinar]. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/c.php?g=80773&p=518353#85643
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.