A Discussion of Whether Ethical Principles and Policies that serve as the Basis for Public Health Laws can mutually and simultaneously Co-existPublic health is among the few fields that has a great influence of legal power or policepower. The public health laws and policiesassist in directing citizens into observing health ways. For example, excise taxes on risky behaviors like tobacco and sugary foods consumptions acts as disincentives for riskbehaviors.Fokunanget al. (2013)observe thatpublic health ethics concerns itself with the moral foundation of human wellness as a yardstick for maximizingwelfare and hence as a key component of public health. Such aperceptionhowever frames a critical moral challenge in public health regarding the balancing of personal liberties with the developments of the public health outcomes. Another alternative viewpoint of public health ethics regards social justice as the moral basis for public health. Herein, balancing individual’s liberties with theendeavorof promoting publicsocialgoodembedsa broadercommitmentto realizing a good level of wellnessforall andnarrowingunjust inequalities.As such, public health ethics has a robust moral connection not only to the issues of social justice and poverty, but also to a systematic disadvantage.Consequently,aninformed analysis of thisstudy informs that itis hardfor the public health laws and policies to mutually and simultaneously co-existwiththe ethical principles and procedures.Everyfederal law and policy attracts at least one moral concern. However, in entirety, the instance under which ethical principles and theories defy the public laws and policies are limited and restricted; hence, it isnotgood todeter their implementation because their overall public benefit surpasses the harm. For instance, higher prices forunhealthy products negatively impact a few interest groups while at the same convey great benefit to the overall public good. In the case of ACA, many businesses and people now have a more strenuous budget while catering to health insurance coverage. However, the insured persons realize more enormous benefits during treatment. The economy also saves a lot when most people are covered. In this regard, although it is difficult for public health laws policiestoco-exist mutually and simultaneously with the ethical principles, they advocate for the overall benefit of the society.Reference:Fokunang, C. N., Tembe-Fokunang, E. A., Awah, P., Ngounoue, M. D., Chi, P. C., Ateudjieu, J., & Abena, O. M. T. (2013). The Role of Ethics in Public Health Clinical Research. InCurrent Topics in Public Health. IntechOpen.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.