1. What is Johnson’s response to these theist claims? (1) God permits evil because people have free will, (2) God’s intervention to prevent evil would make people dependent on outside power, and (3) God’s interference in disasters would destroy moral urgency. Are Johnson’s replies plausible?2. How does Johnson answer theists who say that “in a world without suffering there would be no occasion for the production of such virtues as courage, sympathy, and the like”? Do you think it would be possible for an omnipotent God to produce virtues in people without permitting as much suffering as exists now in the world? Why or why not?3. Do you think that evil is a necessary by-product of the laws of nature and that we cannot expect God to regularly bend the laws just to ease suffering? What does Johnson say about this contention? Do you agree?4. According to Johnson, what would be the consequences of supposing that we cannot judge God for the evil he permits because he has a “higher morality” by which his actions must be measured?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.